London, 13th November 2023
Photography Students & Enthusiasts can now Subscribe to the Complete Archive of Source
Anyone with an interest in developing their critical understanding of photography can now subscribe to the complete archive of Source Photographic Review. It has been digitised and made fully-searchable for individuals and institutional subscribers in collaboration with the Exact Editions platform. The archive stretches back to 1992 and is available seamlessly across web, iOS and Android platforms.
Source offers an international perspective on contemporary photographic culture through its features and book review coverage, and an insight into the most innovative photographers exhibiting and working in Britain and Ireland through its portfolio pages and exhibition reviews. Source helps students, photographers and tutors to keep informed, develop their critical thinking and strengthen their photographic practice, giving an international perspective on the world of photography.
- An international reputation built up over 30 years in the field of critical studies about photography.
- Experienced and well informed writers who contribute feature articles, exhibition and book reviews. They have included David Bate, Geoffrey Batchen, David Campany, Anthony Luvera, Mary Warner Marion and Lucy Soutter among many others.
- Emerging and established photographers’ portfolios, each introduced by a commissioned essay, including work by Victor Burgin, Hew Locke, Sunil Gupta, Adaeze Ihebom, Kalpesh Lathigra, Chloe Dewe Mathews, Martin Parr, Clare Strand, Gillian Wearing and Alberta Whittle.
- Regular columns on fashion and advertising photography, auction reports, interviews with working photographers and news from the photography sector.
- Features on subjects like the depiction of climate change, photographic health warnings on cigarettes, satellite images of conflict and interviews with historians like Tina Campt and Richard Ovenden.
The Exact Editions platform has breathed new life into nearly two further decades of back issues by transforming them into compelling digital editions that strikingly showcase the photography within their pages. The platform’s comprehensive search function allows references to specific artists or topics from over 30 years’ worth of content to be located at the touch of a button.
Subscriptions to the complete archive of Source are available in the Exact Editions shops here:
Editor John Duncan commented: “It’s wonderful to now have the entire back catalogue online and in such an interactive way. Access to the archive will be a great help to photography students, academics and the photography community and will put over three decades of content instantly at their fingertips.”
Managing Director of Exact Editions, Daryl Rayner, remarked: “There is such a wealth of images and engaging articles within the Source archive that can now be accessed on digital devices. The complete archive will be popular with libraries offering art and photography courses worldwide.”